Last modified: 11.18.2016
Zenith Insurance Company ("Zenith", "us" or "we") respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Zenith Connect mobile
application (the "App").
Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
- We collect offline or on any other Zenith application or website, including but not limited to TheZenith.com website which you may access through
with our policies and practices, do not download, register with, or use this App. By downloading, registering with, or using this App, you agree to this
Children and Minors
If you are under the age of 18, do not download, install, register with, access, or use the App without the express consent and participation of a parent
Zenith will not knowingly collect any personal information about you if you are under the age of 13, except as otherwise required by law. If you believe
that we have information from or about any minors under the age of 13, please notify us at 800-440-5020.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of the App:
Information You Provide to Us
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
When you download, register with, or use the App, we may ask you to provide information:
This information includes:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, workers' compensation claim number or any
other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the name, postal address, email address and telephone number of your employer.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App,
subscribing to our service, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the App.
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location
data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating
system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
Stored Information and Files.
The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs,
audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
The App does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device. For more information, see Choices About How We
Use and Disclose Your Information below.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
Cookies (or mobile cookies).
A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your
smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
Pages of the App and our emails or communications through the App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear
gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Zenith, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, texted
message or other communication and for other related App statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system
and server integrity).
Firebase Cloud Messaging (Firebase).
Firebase is used in order to send push notifications to Android phones. Firebase may collect the information listed here.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your
device. These third parties may include your mobile device manufacturer and mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the App. The information they collect may be associated
with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different
websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted
content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
The usage information we collect helps us to improve the App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your workers' compensation insurance claim, including but not limited to upcoming appointments related to your claim.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We may also use your information to contact you about your workers' compensation insurance claim, such as reminding you of an upcoming appointment related
to your claim. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more
information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep
Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some
or all of Zenith's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by
Zenith about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce the terms and conditions of the App's End User License Agreement.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Zenith, our customers or others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control
certain uses and disclosures of your information.
the use of other tracking technologies, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You can review your Personal Information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us a message using the App to request any Personal Information that you previously provided to us be updated. We cannot delete certain
Personal Information except by also deleting your App user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would
violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and
disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. All information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts
of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your
Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through the App. Any transmission of Personal Information
is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
and/or phone number specified in your account and/or an in-App alert the first time you use the App after we make the change.
Zenith Insurance Company
21255 Califa Street
Woodland Hills, CA 91367